Sharing WI-Fi Over Place can be Possible Via Router. There are Different Functions available in routers. You Can Personalize your Router for your Own Use.
Here i am going to Tell You some awesome tricks that you can Play With Your Router. Today i am going to Mention TP-Link Routers For Tricks Points.
According to Wikipedia
A router is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. A router is connected to two or more data lines from different networks (as opposed to a network switch, which connects data lines from one single network).
Router Tricks Options
Wireless MAC Filtering:-
The Wireless MAC Address Filtering feature allows you to control the wireless stations accessing the AP, which depend on the station's MAC addresses.
To set up an entry, click Enable, and follow these instructions:
First, you must decide whether the specified wireless stations can or cannot access the AP. If you desire that the specified wireless stations can access the AP, please select the radio button Allow the stations specified by any enabled entries in the list to access, otherwise, select the radio button Deny the stations specified by any enabled entries in the list to access.
To Add a Wireless MAC Address filtering entry, clicking the Add New... button, and following these instructions:
- Enter the appropriate MAC Address into the MAC Address field. The format of the MAC Address is XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX (X is any hexadecimal digit). For example, 00-0A-EB-B0-00-0B.
- Enter a simple description of the wireless station in the Description field. For example, Wireless station A.
- Status - Select Enabled or Disabled for this entry on the Status pull-down list.
- Click the Save button to save this entry.
this is an another important feature provided by router.in this feature You can Simply Turn Off Wireless Fidelity If You Use Network Service Via Cable. In this Way .your Neighbor Cant Use Your Network.
to enable this feature follow these points:-
- Login To Your Router
- Goto Wireless Setting
- Uncheck button for Enable Wireless Radio
- Reboot to Save Changes
Hiding Your Wi-Fi Network:-
In This Feature your Wifi System will Work but Users won`t be able to identify your Wi-Fi Network.There Won`t be Seen any Availiable Networks in SmartPhones .but in PC, There will Be Wi-Fi network Named as Hidden Network. You need to type Wi-Fi Name and Password Mannually to be connected to that Router
Follow Some Points:-
- Use all Steps above
- Uncheck the Enable SSID Broadcast Button
Access Control Rules:-
Access Control Rule Management
The Device, providing convenient and strong internet access control function, can control the internet activities of hosts in the LAN. Moreover, you can flexibly combine the Host List, Target List and Schedule to restrict the Internet surfing of these hosts.
For example: If you desire to allow the host with MAC address 00-11-22-33-44-AA to access www.google.com only from 18:00 to 20:00 on Saturday and Sunday, and forbid other hosts in the LAN to access the Internet, you should follow the settings below:
- Click the submenu Rule of Access Control in the left to return to the Rule List page. Select Enable Internet Access Control and choose "Allow the packets specified by any enabled access control policy to pass through the Device".
- We recommend that you Click Setup Wizard button to finish all the following settings.
- Click the submenu Host of Access Control in the left to enter the Host List page. Add a new entry with the Host Description is Host_1 and MAC Address is 00-11-22-33-44-AA.
- Click the submenu Target of Access Control in the left to enter the Target List page. Add a new entry with the Target Description is Target_1 and Domain Name is www.google.com.
- Click the submenu Schedule of Access Control in the left to enter the Schedule List page. Add a new entry with the Schedule Description is Schedule_1, Day is Sat and Sun, Start Time is 1800 and Stop Time is 2000.
- Click the submenu Rule of Access Control in the left, Click Add New... button to add a new rule as follows:
Then you will go back to the Access Control Rule Management page and see the following list:
- In Rule Name field, create a name for the rule. Note that this name should be unique, for example Rule_1.
- In Host field, select Host_1.
- In Target field, select Target_1.
- In Schedule field, select Schedule_1.
- In Status field, select Enable.
- Click Save to complete the settings.
Click the Setup Wizard button to create a new rule entry.
ID Rule Host Target Schedule Status Modify 1 Rule_1 Host_1 Target_1 Schedule_1 Edit/Delete
Click the Add New... button to add a new rule entry.
Click the Enable All button to enable all the rules in the list.
Click the Disable All button to disable all the rules in the list.
Click the Delete All button to delete all the entries in the table.
Click the Next button to go to the next page, or click the Previous button return to the previous page.